Juvederm® Injections in Albany
Also Serving Patients in Saratoga, Schenectady, and Troy
Juvéderm is an injectable filler derived from naturally-occurring hyaluronic acid. Juvéderm is ideal for smoothing wrinkles and restoring the natural and youthful curvature of your face because of its smoothness and natural appearance.
Depending on your aesthetic goals, Albany cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Sanjiv Kayastha may administer Juvéderm in the following locations:
- Nasolabial folds
- Wrinkles around mouth and lip
- Deep wrinkle between eyebrows (usually together with Botox)
Juvéderm injections take about half an hour, which is why this treatment is sometimes called a “lunch-hour procedure.” It is reasonable to return to work and/or normal activities immediately afterward, although strenuous activity and prolonged exposure to the sun should be avoided, if possible, for 24 hours following the treatment. You may experience some minor bruising, swelling and redness, which should subside within a few days.
You will see the full results of your Juvéderm treatment in about a week, and they will last for up to a year until your body absorbs the compound. Repeat treatments are available at any time, which means that you can continually renew and even revise your treatment to achieve the look you desire.
Juvéderm is manufactured using a highly advanced procedure to achieve a greater smoothness than other hyaluronic acid-derived fillers. Unlike collagen and some other animal-based fillers, it is not necessary to undergo allergy tests before having the treatment.
What is JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC injectable gel?
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC injectable gel is the first filler FDA-approved to instantly add volume to the cheek area. It gives you a subtle lift, helping to restore contour and a more youthful profile, for up to two years, in patients over the age of 21. It’s different than JUVÉDERM® XC and works on a different area of the face. JUVÉDERM® XC smoothes out moderate to severe wrinkles and folds around the nose and mouth, like parentheses. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC, however, adds volume to the cheek area.
What else should you know about JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC?
- The first Hyaluronic Acid (HA) filler FDA-approved to instantly add volume to the cheek area, resulting in the appearance of a subtle lift
- Clinically proven to last up to two years with optimal treatment
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is from the maker of the No. 1 family of fillers
- After 24 hours, you should be able to resume your normal activities
- Side effects are moderate and generally last two to four weeks. Common side effects include temporary reactions at the treatment site such as tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching.