Body Contouring Procedures in Albany, NY
Also Serving Saratoga Springs, Schenectady and Troy
Often, individuals can adhere to a healthy diet and consistent exercise routine and still not achieve the slimmer, tighter body contour they desire. This is because certain factors — such as the natural aging process, hereditary traits, major weight fluctuations and pregnancy — can cause localized deposits of fat to accumulate under the skin. They can also cause the skin to stretch out so it can no longer shrink back to a smaller size and shape once any excess weight has been lost. In addition, pregnancy and other factors (e.g., substantial fluctuations in weight) can severely damage musculature, so that muscle tone cannot be restored without surgical intervention.
To correct these aesthetic concerns, Dr. Bruce Barach offers body contouring cosmetic surgery, for various areas of the body, which may include any of the following procedures:
- Liposuction. Dr. Barach performs liposuction to remove stubborn fat that is resistant to diet and exercise. He can perform liposuction on nearly any area of the body, including the thighs, hips, buttocks, abdomen, waist, back, upper arms and chin/neck area. Suitable candidates for liposuction have good skin elasticity and do not need any muscle repair.
- Arm Lift. With arm lift surgery, Dr. Barach removes loose, excess skin from the upper arm area and repairs the supporting tissue structures, for a sleeker arm contour.
- Mommy Makeover. “Mommy makeover” is an umbrella term used to describe a combination of surgical procedures performed at the same time, to improve common aesthetic concerns that many mothers share after having children. Mommy makeover often includes breast surgery and tummy tuck.
- Tummy Tuck. Abdominoplasty, or tummy tuck surgery, is a body contouring procedure that is designed to provide a firmer, flatter midsection. With this procedure, Dr. Barach excises excess abdominal skin and repairs the underlying musculature, for a tighter, more toned abdominal profile. Learn more about the tummy tuck recovery period here: Post-Abdominoplasty Expectations.
- Labiaplasty. Dr. Barach offers labiaplasty for women who suffer physical or emotional discomfort due to their excessively enlarged, overly elongated or unusually shaped labia. With labiaplasty, the plastic surgeon removes excess labial tissue, for an improved, more symmetrical appearance throughout the labia.
For More Body Contouring Information
If you are interested in learning more about any of these cosmetic procedures for the body, we invite you to come in for a consultation. To schedule a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Barach and find out more information on the cosmetic surgery procedure of your choice, please contact his office by calling (518) 346-3125.